- Goal: Learn about options for shipping logs
- Audience: Folks who are looking for alternatives to the logstash agent in log transport.
There are lots of ways to ship logs off of your servers -
- beaver - python, multiple outputs
- woodchuck - ruby, multiple outputs
- awesant - perl, multiple outputs supported
- lumberjack - C, encrypted+compressed transport
- syslog-shipper - ruby, syslog tcp
- remote_syslog - ruby, syslog tcp/tls
- Message::Passing - perl, multiple inputs and outputs
- nxlog - C, multi platform including windows, tcp/udp/ssl/tls
- logtail - perl, from flat files to redis
In general, all of the above perform the task of taking log file logs and shipping them away in a way that logstash can consume.